The product used for the tutorial in this post is sponsored. I only endorse products I personally use and love.
The Wet Hair Styles series is back with one of my favorites! The Twisted Tuck is SO romantic but only takes 5-10 minutes, and you can do it on wet hair right out of the shower!
I'm excited to be utilizing a new favorite hair accessory... the Flexi Clip for this hair style.
Flexi Clips, by the company Lilla Rose, give you a way to grab all of your hair with just one clip while giving an incredibly polished look to your hairstyle. That's why they're perfect for wet hairstyles!
They are made with piano wire, which makes them super strong and yet comfortably adjustable-- a quality that sets these apart!
Marie from our Frumpy Fighters mom group reached out to me about these clips and I'm so glad she did.
She is an independent consultant for Lilla Rose and hooked me up with a couple of their flexi hair clips to try.
I think they are perfect for busy moms who want to look put together fast.
These are just a few of the easy hairstyles I've tried them on...
Check out some of the other ways you can use them...
Giveway: A Free Flexi Clip of Your Choice!
Before jumping into our hair tutorial for the Twisted Tuck, be sure to enter this easy giveaway to win a flexi clip!
The Twisted Tuck
Hair Length: Medium, Long
Time: 5-10 Minutes (speed improves with practice)
What You'll Need:
Two ways to finish this hairstyle...
When it comes to the tuck on Step 12, you can either tuck it over and in for this look:
or down and under for this look:
In the video I tuck it under.
- Start with clean wet hair and comb it through. Flip head over to loosen hair.
- Gather a small portion of hair from the front and divide portion into two equal pieces.
- Fold the front (lower) piece over the back (upper) piece once.
- Gather a bit of hair from the top to add to the top piece and from the bottom to add to the bottom piece.
- Twist the lower piece over the top piece so that the lower piece becomes the top piece.
- Repeat the steps until you reach the back of your head: Add more hair to each piece and twist the lower piece over the top piece. TIP: As you twist, keep directing the twist backwards and downwards to avoid lumps and end up in the bottom center of the back.
- When you reach the back/center, stop adding hair and just twist the pieces about halfway to the end.
- Flip up gently and secure with a jaw clip so that you can do the other side without this one unraveling.
- Repeat the same steps on the other side.
- When you have both "pig tails" finished, release the jaw clip for the first and twist the two pig tails over each other until you are about halfway to your ends.
- Fasten this twisted braid with a thin elastic, leaving the hair looped inward at the bottom.
- You can tuck the twisted braid either 1) down and under or 2) over and in, depending on the look you're going for. (Video does down and under)
- Take your Flexi Clip and stick it through the knot in the back, making sure to go through the tucked loop tied with the elastic so that it stays tucked. Fasten on the other side of the knot.
- Use bobby pins to tuck away stray hairs as needed.
- Finish with hair spray.
Watch The Video
Getting Your Flexi Clip for this hairstyle
- Check out the special Lilla Rose is running for March (there is a special every month).