Button-down shirts are super classy, but sometimes feel a little too dressed up for around the house. Here’s how you can tie a knot on your button down shirts to make them more casual—but still achieve the chic parisian look!
Video Tutorial: How to Tie a Knot in a Button Down Shirt to Create a Casual Look
Step by Step: How to Tie a Knot in a Button Down Shirt to Create a Casual Look
- Wear a cami or fitted tank underneath your button-down top. Either tuck the cami/tank in fully or leave all the way out.
- Either button just the center buttons of the top or leave all unbuttoned.
- Grab the ends of the button-down and tie a knot. The height of the knot will depend on how much fabric you brought in to the knot.
- If desired, knot again to shorten the tails or tuck top tail into gap above the knot. You can also tug at the sides of the knot to shorten tails and bring the knot down lower.
How to Use This Trick in Maternity
When you’re pregnant any regular button-down can be adapted to use in your maternity wardrobe!
Just put on a fitted shirt, tank or dress first. Then either:
- Wear the button-down open over your top or dress
- Or tie the ends right above your bump!
It’s like tying a bow right above your baby!
Your turn to try it!
Take a picture of your end result and share it on Instagram with #frumpfighter and tag me @frumpfighters!