But do you struggle to find clothing items on your list?
Are you overwhelmed walking into a store?
Overwhelmed browsing online?
I am SO EXCITED to tell you about TWO online personal shopper services that can help you!
Option 1: Stitch Fix
How it works: You fill out a profile about your style, colors, what you’re looking for, your price range, etc. A stylist is assigned to you and prepares a box of items for you. The styling fee is applied towards anything you purchase from your box! NEW FEATURES I’m SO excited about for you gals: You can meet with the stylist to go over what you’re looking for FOR FREE! I just tried it out this morning!
Here we are on my Zoom call with a stylist this morning! We put the box together!!
It’s like having an online personal shopper with stylist experience!
Another NEW feature I’m LOVING is they have a “Freestyle” section that shows you items from their inventory that matches your style and you can order them individually instead of subscribing to a box. Their suggestions are RIGHT ON for me.
Stitch Fix Pros:
- You get a personal stylist without the hefty price tag of actually hiring one.
- You bring your list and they show you options in your size and price range.
- Lots of different brands and styles
- NEW: You can literally have a free video chat with your stylist to describe what you need and she helps you find the items.
- NEW: You can NOW review the items in your box BEFORE they ship it and ask for changes.
- NEW: They now have a “freestyle” tab that pulls up options in all the clothing categories BASED ON YOUR TASTE!! Their system is SO SMART it will begin to detect the styles you like. Then it shows you pieces in all the categories and you can literally order them right off their site without waiting for a box.
Stitch Fix Cons:
- Their least expensive items are usually slightly more expensive that you’d find at Target. (But that’s fair because you have a stylist helping you and making shopping effortless!)
Option 2: Amazon’s NEW “Personal Shopper” Program (part of Prime Wardrobe)
How it works: I have not actually tried this one yet because it literally launched this week! But I didn’t want to wait to tell you about it. Similar to Stitch Fix, you provide your style preferences and what you need. A Prime Wardrobe stylist will put together a list of suggestions for you. You preview your picks and then send yourself up to 8 items. You only pay $4.99 for the service and you don’t have to keep any of the items!
Amazon Personal Shopper Pros:
- You only pay $4.99 to have someone find items for you
- You don’t have to browse and try to find what you’re looking for… just give them your list!
- It’s on a familiar platform (Amazon) so checkout is familiar and returns are easy.
- You don’t pay anything beyond $4.99 even if you don’t keep any items.
- You can cancel the monthly subscription any time… so you can just do one box at a time if you want.
Amazon Personal Shopper Cons:
- I’m honestly not sure yet… I’d have to try it to discover the cons.
If you’re wondering about quality… you can just ask them for items that have at least 4-stars reviews. But my hunch is they’ll stick with sending you Amazon’s top brands which are actually excellent quality. (My favorite jeans right now are an Amazon brand called Daily Ritual!)
If you have tried Amazon’s Personal Shopper please let me know what you thought!
Have you tried any of these services?
To Do Next:
- Sign up for our FREE wardrobe guide list on basics for moms.
- Shop your closet to see what you already have and discover what you still need.
- Sign up for Stitch Fix ($25 credit with our link) or Amazon Personal Shopper ($10 off your purchase) and give them that list of things you’re looking for!