I love the simplicity of a minimalist maternity capsule to feel cute and comfy during my pregnancies.
This was my fourth pregnancy, but only my second time using a maternity capsule wardrobe to simplify my outfits while my belly grew.
Here are 52 of the cute looks I put together while my belly grew!
You can easily create a minimalist (budget-friendly) maternity capsule that mixes and matches too. Just download my maternity capsule checklist below!
How to Create So Many Cute Outfits
My key to finding all the different cute ways to wear my pieces was using our What-to-Wear Outfit Calendar for Moms!
The Outfit Calendar takes all the pieces in the capsule wardrobe and shows you all the ways you can combine them to create cute outfits all year round!
I simply glanced at the calendar’s recommended outfit formula each day and pulled the pieces.
If I didn’t have an exact match for an item in the outfit, I simply swapped with something else in my capsule. This made creating my pregnancy outfits SO quick and easy.
Grab your calendar here! (It comes with a complete capsule wardrobe plan for moms.)
52 Cute & Comfy Pregnancy Outfits for Winter & Spring
Here are some of the combinations I wore as I followed the recommended outfit for the day from our What-to-Wear Outfit Calendar for Moms.
If you’d like info on any of the items I wore, feel free to ask in the comments!
How You Can Create Cute Outfits During YOUR Pregnancy
Would you like to feel this cute during your pregnancy?
If I could do it (a previously frumpy mama) you can too!
Step 1: Download & Print Our Maternity Capsule Checklist
Start by downloading our maternity checklist. Sign up to get it below. Then print it out to use as a checklist and check off what you already own.
Step 2: Buy Cute Maternity Clothing Essentials
Once you download your list of maternity essentials (see above), and you’ve checked off what you already own, you can go shopping for a few items you don’t own yet.
A few tips before I list my favorite places to shop:
Shop for neutral pieces first (they remix with other pieces the easiest). Get at least a couple of comfy bottoms and 2-3 tops you feel cute in. Skimp on the accessories and shoes. You really don’t need that much in those categories!
Think about what trimester you’ll be in for each piece and size up when buying pieces for the last part of your pregnancy. For example, if it’ll be summer in your third trimester, get the summer pieces like shorts in one size up.
Go simple on shoes, one versatile pair per season will do! Make sure they are easy to slip on and don’t require fastening. If you tend to experience swelling, get sandals or stretchy fabric.
If you need to buy a bra to accommodate a change in size, get it in nursing style so it can serve you postpartum.
My go-to places for cute but affordable maternity clothes:
- Thrift/Consignment Stores: Start your shopping here if possible to save tons of money. Don’t forget to check baby consignment stores because they often have a maternity section and this is naturally where mamas will drop off their items after baby arrives.
- H&M (MAMA line): While this brand is kind of fashion-forward and has an overwhelming selection, their maternity selection is phenomenal! They have a limited but complete selection of maternity basics and the quality is excellent. H&M carries my all-time favorite maternity jeans. I LOVE my H&M Mama Skinny jeans… so flattering and high quality! No saggy butt after a few wears. Sign up for their emails to get a discount. If you order online you can return for free in store.
- Target (Isabel Maternity): At Target you’ll find a great selection of basics that are quality and on-trend. Their Isabel Maternity brand’s got you covered with all pregnancy essentials. I haven’t scored as many pieces that fit me well as I have at H&M, but we all have different bodies! Target’s line might be perfect for you. If you order online you can return for free in store.
- Old Navy: While ON’s quality is slightly lower, you’ll find some adorable trendy maternity clothes here! Just sign up for their emails and wait for a sale (which is like every day ) to get some bargains. If you order online they pay for your return shipping!
- Amazon: Yes I know, lots of clothes on Amazon are terrible quality. But I still find lots of gems here. The key is to use the filters on the side bar to narrow down to your category and 4+ stars. Then always read the reviews. See this list for some cute options. Amazon Essentials (a high-quality Amazon brand) also has maternity items!
Want more maternity store recommendations? Download our free clothing store directory!
Step 3: Grab our What-to-Wear Outfit Calendar for Moms
Now that you know WHAT pieces to have for maternity, you need to know HOW to wear them.
Our Outfit Calendar does all the thinking for you so you have a cute combo to try every day!
Did you have a hard time feeling cute while pregnant?