Frump Fighters Interactive™ Support Center
Please check just below this box for known issues before contacting us. We will update the status of the issue to “RESOLVED” when it’s been fixed.
Status/Known Issues Log
Bugs we are aware of and actively resolving.
- Resolved: 5-11-23: Crop and Remove Background tool does not complete cycle. Displays a Could Not Connect To A Remote Server error message.
- 4-28-23: Some items do not display within outfit flat lay when saving Custom Member Outfits.
Features Roadmap (Just Released & Coming Soon)
Getting Started: ⚠️ Do These 2 Things
Let’s set up your Interactive account so that it’s easy to access and customized to you! This will make it powerful and easy to use daily.
Step 1: Add a shortcut to your homescreen/desktop so it opens like an app.
On your phone/tablet:
- Go to the platform’s homepage at app.frumpfighters.com
- If on Chrome on Android: Tap the 3 dots in upper right-hand corner and tap “Add to homescreen”
- If on Safari on iPhone/iPad: Tap the Share icon (the square with arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of screen and tap “Add to Home Screen”
- Type a name for your shortcut
- Drag the shortcut to a prominent place on your homescreen so it’s easy to find each morning.
On your computer:
- Go to the platform’s homepage at app.frumpfighters.com
- Click on the beginning of the URL bar and drag to your desktop
- Right-click the shortcut and choose to rename it.
Benefits of this step: This sets it up like an app on your phone and/or tablet so it’s easy to access every day.
VIDEO: Creating a Shortcut to the App on Your Phone or Computer
Step 2: Customize Your Closet
- Visit the Closet page.
- Check off the items you own.
- Take photos of all your clothes using your phone.
- Add the photos of your clothes to the matching items in the Closet. You can also add a nickname, brand info and links as you do this.
Benefits of this step: Your clothes will show up in outfits when you toggle “My Pieces” and you can filter outfits down to “Just Outfits You Can Make.”
VIDEOS: Getting Photos of Your Clothes & Adding Them to Your Closet
⚠️ STOP: ⚠️
Have you completed the 2 steps above? We promise they’re the most crucial steps to make the Interactive work for you every day!
All Video Tutorials
Tap play to watch the first one.
Click the link below the video to see all the tutorials on YouTube.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more support articles, visit our new Support Articles area. (Under construction)
I can't log in to my account, what do I do?
If you can't remember your password, you can request a reset link.
Request Password Reset Link
- Go to https://app.frumpfighters.com/ and click "Reset Password" at the bottom of the login window.
- In the next window, enter the email address you used to purchase and hit "Send Reset Link"
- In the email that arrives, click the "reset here" password link. (If you do not receive an email after 5-10 minutes, contact customer service firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your new password two times and hit Confirm.
- You will get a success message and get logged in. You may now navigate to any part of the app using the menu at the top.
If you receive a message that no account can be found, contact customer service email@example.com or use the contact form on this page for assistance.
How do I make a change to my account or subscription?
- Go to https://frumpfighters.thrivecart.com/updateinfo/
- Enter the email address you used to purchase and hit "Send me my link."
- Check your email for an email from "ThriveCart <firstname.lastname@example.org>" and use the link provided to access your account.
- From there you can update your email and credit card or cancel your subscription. NOTE: If you cancel your subscription you will lose any special pricing you may have received when you resume.
If you're paying via a credit card (not Paypal), you can also use this link to edit your billing details or cancel your plan.
What's the easiest way to import my piece pictures from Stylebook to the Frump Fighters Interactive Closet?
Below is one of our users' process for importing all her items from Stylebook to Frump Fighters platform.
A big thanks to Interactive user, Marla K., for pioneering the process and giving us an excellent break down of an efficient way to do this!
My Stylebook closet contains almost 1000 items divided into roughly 50 categories/subcategories. Because it’s so large, I knew if I downloaded all the photos at once and went one-by-one, it would take forever, so here’s what I did:
I used two devices, my iPhone and my iPad. It worked best to have the iPhone as the primary device, because Stylebook only works in portrait mode on the iPad.
I started by opening Stylebook on my phone, and looking at my first subcategory, which in my case is Casual Short Sleeved/cap sleeved tops, selected all, then saved to my camera roll. I then went into the FF app on my iPad, going into My Closet and typed tops in the search bar. I did a quick browse of all the top categories that popped up in the drop down, then, using my iPhone, imported all the tops that met my subjective criteria for each type of top, eg Color Dressy Top….I tried not to overthink, and if I was uncertain which category to import an item into, I imported it more than once.
I found it was easy to get into a rhythm by going one FF category at a time, as I wasn’t constantly searching for the best category of each of my items, and it was much faster to enter multiple items in the same FF category one after the other 😊. It was really handy to have the drop down open on my iPad, as I could quickly glance at any items I was uncertain about to choose the best (or multiple) categories.
Once I had finished, I did a quick glance at the photos on my phone to be sure I’d entered everything, and once sure, I deleted those photos and went back to Stylebook, repeating each subcategory until all were finished.
So, in a nutshell, my process was:
- Choose stylebook category, in order
- Save subcategory images to one device
- Open FF My Closet on second device by category and list view
- Import all items of that fit into each FF category, repeating items if desired
- Repeat until all Stylebook category items have been entered
- Delete Stylebook items from Photos
- Repeat until all items have been entered
How do I see the outfit calendar for additional collection(s) I purchased?
If you would like to see a calendar option for an additional collection(s) you purchased (outside of the Women's Essentials Collection), you will need to create a calendar from the Calendar page.
On the Calendar page:
- Tap Add a Calendar next to the calendar drop down.
- Enter the name of your new calendar.
- Select the Fill With Outfits Based On My Weather option.
- Check the box next to the outfit collection you would like to use. Tip: You can select more than one option to see a mix of outfits from multiple collections.
- Enter your location in the dialogue box and select the correct option from those listed.
- Tap Create. The new calendar will take a few minutes to generate, but you can safely navigate away from the page while it's working.
Your new outfit calendar will appear in the drop down on the Calendar page and on the Home page.
View the How To Create Outfit Calendars for Work Days vs Casual Days tutorial for a walk-thru of the above process.
How do I add multiple options for items in my Closet?
You can add additional option(s) for an item in your Closet.
On the Closet page:
- Tap the pink plus (+) sign at the bottom right of the Closet page.
- Enter the name of the item you'd like to customize and select the piece from the list.
- Select the Add New option.
- Upload a picture of the new item and fill out the appropriate information, including a nickname, on the item detail page.
- Tap Submit. The new item will appear in the Closet where it was added.
- You can add as many options for a Closet item as you'd like.
Check out the Customizing Closet Items & Adding Multiple Versions of Items from Your Closet tutorial to see a walk-thru of the above process.