About Frump Fighters®
Welcome to a website and community created to support moms fighting the frump!
If you’re looking for easy fashion help after babies you’re in the right place!
Sign up below to get a proper welcome, access to our freebie library, and step-by-step help for revamping your style on a budget.
More About Corina Holden (Founder)
Hey! I’m Corina. This is my tribe! Life with 4 boys is crazy!
I think of myself as a normal mom trying to resist the invisible forces that want to keep her in frumpy clothing. It’s been an interesting journey, but ever since I realized how fun fashion can be I began absorbing it like a sponge.
Since having my first kid, I have wrung fashion through the mommy wash to make it applicable and doable for me. (I don’t need to know stilettos are in right now. I need to know what else is in style that won’t make me twist an ankle when I’m chasing my toddler around.)
Every mom will have her personal style, and it doesn’t have to encompass the latest on the runway. But if you’re like me, you want to feel confident you don’t look “so yesterday” or totally “blah.”
I’m learning how it’s possible to draw out your style from the current trends in a way that stays faithful to YOU and respects both your budget and lifestyle as a mom.
The stuff I’ve learned really works, and it’s too exciting not to share.
Shopping is no longer wasteful or studded with guilt.
Where I came from…
Amidst transition out of college years and into the crazy adventure of marriage and motherhood, I found myself appalled with my style savvy… or lack thereof. I had a long way to go.
Don’t believe me?
But things were looking up…
I’m not sure what woke me out of my frumpy slumber, but as a newlywed I began learning one basic concept that improved things tremendously: how to wear clothes that fit. Brilliant, right?
It was a definite step in the right direction, but even then dressing cute and fashionable and feeling confident about my style just didn’t come easy to me like it did for other gals around me. (I’m still in awe of them!)
To this day, I continue unlearning some of my bad style habits from the last decade. Not the least of them being the tendency to wear corporate attire to church. *sigh* That receptionist job in college really left me fashion-confused.
Where this blog comes in…
Becoming a mom only added to the complexity of dressing fashionably. I had to somehow be aware of fashion trends. And do it with the needs of motherhood in mind. Keeping up seemed daunting. What? Floral prints are long gone? SAY WHAT? They’re back??
That’s why I started a blog. I don’t have it all figured out, but I’m learning so heapin’ much and I want to share it! The number 1 thing I’m learning: It doesn’t have to be daunting.
If you’re feeling stuck in a style rut, frustrated by a boring wardrobe, or sucked of the time, energy or interest(!) it takes to “keep up” with fashion, I’d love for you to join me in defeating the frumpy monster one day at a time! You’ll get an occasional newsletter with inspiration, bonus content and forever access to my growing library of printables.
My readers love these printables because they help you take your existing wardrobe and create a stylish one that works for mom life! Just enter your info below to get access.
Follow For New Content on Pinterest!
Fun Facts About Corina
These are some more things that make me happy…
- There’s nothing I treasure more than my Savior Jesus Christ, my family, my friends, and enjoying the priceless moments in life.
- I love coffee with loads of cream. My favorite time of the day is early morning with a warm cup in hand and an open Bible on my lap.
- My degree is in Psychology and Counseling (guess how long it took me to earn it…I’ll tell you in a minute). I can’t get enough of deep conversations and the thrill of encouraging healing in people’s hearts.
And if you really want to know more …
- It took me nearly ten years to complete the aforementioned Bachelor’s degree. So earlier when I said I transitioned from college to marriage, it was after finishing the first two years in four years. The next two years took another six years. Wow. And I don’t even like math.
- If you were a fly on my kitchen wall, you’d probably be trying to cover your ears. (Do flies have ears??) My toddler and I love yelling nothings into the air and then ending the madness with a fit of laughter. I’ve been told this crush with creating noise will probably end when there are more little bodies to create chaos around here. Probably true.
- Few things make me happier than handing out cookies at random times of the day and seeing people enjoy them–even if I can’t even eat them because they’re full of gluten. It’s still a bit of a mystery to me why this gives me such happiness.
- I like to say I eat Paleo. More accurately, I once ate Paleo and have since aspired to achieve the same level of discipline. Potatoes will forever be my downfall.
Let’s stay connected!
Where to next? Check any of these posts out!
Wondering what to wear at the end of summer? How to transition your summer clothes to fall? Here are some easy tips and comfy outfit ideas!
Stuck on how to wear faux leather leggings for the first time? This post is the ultimate guide to rocking the chic mom look in leather pants! You’ll learn the best tricks and outfits for how to wear these wet look leggings as pants while keeping your butt covered.
Create trendy and chic summer outfits with these easy tips that tell you exactly how to dress for hot weather. This mom blogger covers everything you need to create the perfect summer wardrobe!
“How can I be fashionable in winter?” If this is a question you ask yourself, we have a variety of outfit ideas from fashion experts we love to help you!
These winter outfit ideas encompass everything from casual at-home winter outfits to extra-warm winter outfits for going out and about. All you need is…
Stripes are a MUST in your mom wardrobe. Why? Because they are among the few items that are both CLASSIC and TRENDING right now.
Never mind what body shape “rules” say…